Monday 10 October 2011

blog post # 2.


The book I'm reading is called The Monkeyface Chronicles written by Richard Scarsbrook. I haven't read the whole book yet, but so far I know it is a fiction book, about a grade 8 boy named Phillip Skyler, who unfortunatly is judged but a facial deformity he was born with. The name of the deformity is "Van der Woude syndrome" which causes Phillip to have a cleft lip, unusual teeth, and a flattened nose, resembling him to a monkey, hence the title The Monkeyface Chronicles. He also has a twin brother named Michael Skyler, with no deformities whatsoever. So far Phillip has gone through a great deal of trouble, from being beat up on the school yard, to an attempt of running away from home. Along with Phillip trying to blend in and not being treated differently, a romance is developing between Phillip and a girl named Adeline Brown, who is also not the most popular in this grade 8 class, this is all i have read so far.

This book is honestly very good so far, I love it! Its always leaving you wanting more, wanting to know what happens next. I can't wait to read the full book, I have so many questions waiting to be answered. The detail is very well done, I can imagine everything that is happening right in my head, everywhere he goes, all the characters, everything that's happening, I personally this is a great book.

"Monkeyface Chronicles by Richard Scarsbrook - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists." Share Book  _____Recommendations With  Your Friends, Join Book Clubs, Answer Trivia. Web. 11 Dec. 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I read this book too, but I didn't like it as much as it seems like you do. I found that it was a dry storyline, and was slow. Having read more now, how do you feel about Adeline? She seemed so nice at the start, but by the end I ended up not liking her character at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with what Tina said. This book sounds very good and I am too curious to see how it ended

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the description of your book, it makes it sound like an interesting book. Some books are more about someone being put down from other things but in yours it is about one specific thing rather than a bunch of different things. Check your spelling and some of the apostrophes could probably be periods.

    ReplyDelete