Thursday 20 October 2011

Blog Post # 3


"Monkeyface Chronicles by Richard Scarsbrook - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists." Share Book  ____Recommendations With  Your Friends, Join Book Clubs, Answer Trivia. Web. 11 Dec. 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJCemMaTYIE

"Grum circles behind me, and Grunt shoves me hard, causing me to trip backward over Grant's outstretched leg. Grum kneels on my arm and drops his butt in my face, then Grunt straddles my legs, singing, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you look like a monkey, and you smell like one, too! Other kids circle around. Some of them join the song. ONE! Grunt shouts, punching me in the ribs. TWO! I get one in the stomach. THREE! FOUR! FIVE! Almost half-way now. Soon it will be over. I clench my teeth. I will not reward them with tears." (Richard Scarsbrook, The Monkeyface Chronicles, page#21)

Based on this part is describing the bullying that is occuring, it reminds me of the song Stand Up by Vanessa Morgan and the Latest Buzz Cast. In the book The Monkeyface Chronicles, Phillip Skyler, is getting judged, bullyed and also abused based on his appearence, which isn't fair, and this song is explaining how people do get judged easily, and due to that they get hurt physically and mentally. The song is explaining how you should stand up for people who are in need, and not to just watch it happen and not do anything about it, like some of the lyrics are explaining in this song.

Therell be somedays when nothing goes right
You cant fix things with all your mind
But if you think you wont make it throught
Just know theres one thing you can do

Stand Up
And you can be, and youll find your strength with me
Stand Up
And face your fears, that stops you from being free
Stand Up

3 comments:

  1. Once again, you did a really good job of conecting the book to other texts. Make sure when you add a quote from the book to put the page number and author after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this book good? The post was very well done and there were really good connections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your connections were very in depth and well made. Next time remember to put the page number and other criteria that goes along with putting a quotation in the blog.

    ReplyDelete